Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Decorations

Most of our Christmas decorations were homemade this year, so I thought it'd be fun to do a quick post about some of the stuff I made.

Most of our decor was on one side of the living room. I guess the nice thing about small apartments is that there really isn't tons of decorating to be done.

From Joanna and Michael

This is what I was most proud of. I printed out silhouettes of reindeer and Santa, traced them on cardstock, cut them out with an X-Acto knife, and strung them up. A fun alternative to plain Christmas lights or pine garland!


We festive-ified a little chalkboard with a sprig of pinecones and holly and turned it into an advent calendar. We also had a menorah for Hanukkah--I never bothered getting one when I was in college, but I figured that now that I have my own apartment and stuff, I should go ahead and get my own.


And our little Christmas tree! Michael's grandma sent this to him when he was on his mission. I made the star topper out of cardboard and gold spray paint, and I think it turned out pretty great! Craftzzz! Also, yes, Michael has a collection of pepper ornaments that were our main tree decorations this year. I thought it was hilarious to have a Tex-Mex Christmas tree.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment